An affordable homes development of 19 dwellings in a mix of apartments and terraced houses in the heart of Yeovil. Acheson were pleased to be awarded this project by Stonewater following a competitive single stage design and build tender process.
The development was on the site of a former brickworks and works depot for repair of machinery and vehicles. The poor ground conditions encountered required a designed piled foundation solution and remediation of contamination across the site. In addition, the site presented challenges for a drainage design compliant with the requirements of the Local Authority and statutory water authority. These challenges were successfully met through introduction of on-site attenuation and flow controls to ensure the site could be connected to the existing adopted system.
The completed project was nominated for LABC's South West Building Excellence Awards 2017. The award recognises vital elements of a project including;
- High levels of compliance with building regulations
- Effective working relationships with LABC surveyors
- Outstanding craftmanship
- Technical innovation
- Sustainability and high performance
- Ability to solve technical problems with creative solutions
- Use of innovative products and the skills to overcome difficult site conditions
Category: Affordable Housing